I am a British citizen, born and brought up in Africa (12 years in Malawi and 3 years on Mauritius) and I have been resident in Denmark since 1982. My language skills include English (Mother tongue), Danish (fluent), French (fluent), German and Spanish (Moderate) and some knowledge of Bengali and Hindi.
I have considerable international working experience, having lived and worked in a number of developing countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Europe. I have served in long term postings in E. Africa (2 years in Kenya) and S. Asia (2 years in Bangladesh and 4 years in India) and have undertaken a considerable number of assignments in:
- Africa: (Burkina Faso, Eritrea, Kenya, Malawi, Morocco, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe)
- Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Kazakhstan, Philippines)
- Indian Ocean Region (Comoro Islands, Madagascar, Mauritius, Réunion, Seychelles)
- Middle East (Yemen)
- Western Europe (United Kingdom, Denmark)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Lithuania, Romania, Ukraine).
As a long term resident of Denmark, I am not only fluent in Danish but also have in-depth knowledge of Danish and Nordic traditions and norms.